M. To add weight items to a seismic load definition
To create structural weights for a seismic load definition, use the following procedure.
If you want to assign floor weights to a floor group, you must have at least one group of the type Floor previously defined to use this option.
Tip: If you want to use the same loads for both seismic weights and another load (e.g., the dead load case), you can use a Reference Load case instead of this procedure.
- In the Loads & Defintions dialog, select the seismic defintion to which you want to add weights and then click Add. The Add New: Seismic Definitions dialog opens.
- Select the tab in the Add New: Seismic Definitions dialog corresponding to the weight you want to add.
Specify the weight parameters:
For the following weight types, enter the data as
Weight type Data to enter Self Type a Self Weight Factor Joint Type a Joint Weight Member Select the Loading Type. Type the Weight to use, the Starting Distance, and for uniform weights, the Ending Distance. Element Type a uniform Pressure
- Type a uniform floor Pressure.
- Select if the load is applied over a Range or a floor Group.
- (Optional) Check the One Way Distribution option to use that load distribution to supporting members. You can select the default behavior or select a specific member towards which the load is directed.
- For the Range option, specify Y range limits and optionally X and Z range limits.
- For the Group option, select a named group of members.
- (Optional) For the Group option, select the Inclined Floor option if the group includes members forming a panel that is inclined from the global XZ plane.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to add additional weights to your seismic load definition.
- Click Close.