P. To create a animated video file from analysis results
AVI files are a mechanism by which a dynamic result, such as, a deflection diagram in animation, may be captured and recorded. In an animated view, the movement from one extremity to the other is captured as several frames. Presently, this facility is available in STAAD for deflection, section displacement, mode shape and plate stress contour diagrams.
- Perform a successful analysis on a STAAD input file.
- On the Utilities ribbon tab, select the Create AVI File tool in the Utilities group. The Create AVI File dialog opens.
- (Optional) Change the values of the Total No. of Frames and Frame Rate /sec to alter the speed and length of the animation.
- Select a result to animate: Deflection, Sectional Displacement, Mode Shape, or Stress Contour.
- Click OK. A Save As dialog opens.
- Click Save. The Video Compression dialog opens.
- (Optional) Select the means of Video Compression (codec) to use and change settings for the selection as needed.
- Click OK. A message indicating the status of the AVI creation opens.
The AVI Video window opens and begins playing the saved animation.