M. To renumber selected beams
To renumber the currently selected members, use the following procedure.
- Select the beams to be renumbered.
On the Geometry ribbon tab, select the Renumber Beams tool in the Beam group.
A message dialog opens to warn you that renumbering may not be undone.
- Click Yes to confirm you wish to proceed. The Renumber dialog opens.
- (Optional) Specify a Start number from
- (Optional) Select the New Numbering Order
- (Optional) Select the sort criteria to be used and add them to the Selected Sort Criteria
- (Optional) Reorder the items in the Selected Sort Criteria For example, select the Z Coordinate and click Move Up twice so the order from top to bottom is: Z Coordinate, X Coordinate, Y Coordinate. This instructs the program to renumber beams parallel to the Y axis until no more beams are in that line. It then skips to the next selected entity along the X axis and renumbers those, again along the Y axis. Once it has reached the end of selected beams parallel to the X axis, it then skips to the next selected entity parallel to the Z axis and repeats the previous procedures.
- Click Accept. A message dialog opens with the status of the renumbering operation.
- Click OK to dismiss the message dialog. The selected beams are renumbered following the indicated pattern.