M. To add a floor load or one-way load
To generate a pressure load over a floor area using either two-way or one-way load distribution, use the following procedure.
Tip: This will add the load item to the currently selected load group selected in the program status bar.
- Select the Floor Load tab.
- Type the Pressure in the current units.
- Select the Direction in which the load acts.
- (Optional) Select the One Way Distribution option to distribute the load towards the longer supporting members (i.e., along the shorter load path).
- (Optional) When applying the load to a Group, you can check the Inclined Floor option to instruct the program that the load is applied to a set of members that form panels inclined to one of the global planes.
- (Optional) You can report the panel and load data the program calculates:
- Click Add. The load item is added to the selected load case.