T.3 Creating a new structure
On the Start page New tab, you will provide some initial data necessary for building the model.
- On the Start page, select New.
- Type as Plates Tutorial in the File Name field.
- Specify a Location where the STAAD input file will be located on your computer or network.
- Select Physical for the Type of model. This option selects the modeling method you want to use:
- Select Metric as the system of Units.
- (Optional) Select the Job Info tab to enter related project details, names and dates for quality analysis, and ProjectWise Project information.
Alternatively, if you want to use either the analytical modeling workflow or the command input file editor to create the model, choose Analytical, click Create, and then proceed to either " T.3 Creating the model using the analytical user interface " or " T.3 Creating the model using the analytical user interface," respectively.