D5.D.13.2 Clause 6.1(1) – General: Partial Safety Factors for Buildings
EN 1993-1-1:2005 specifies the use of the partial safety factors to be used in for design as given in Cl. 6.1 of the code. These factors are ΓM0, ΓM1, and ΓM2. EN 1993 provides default values for these factors. However, any National Annex is allowed to override these default values.
The partial safety factors will use the following values for the Swedish National Annex:
- Resistance of cross-sections, ΓM0 = 1.0
- Resistance of members to instability, ΓM1 = 1.0
- Resistance of cross sections to tension, ΓM2 = 0.9 x fu/fy , but not less than 1.1
- fu is the ultimate steel strength
- fy is the yield strength of steel
The design function in STAAD.Pro sets these values as the default values for the SW-NA (NA 10 is specified).