To perform the beam design
- Click OK.
- Either: Failure Diagnostics tab opens. The table indicates that many beams are failing due detailing checks.
Evaluate some options for beam group 2:
- Select any of the beam segments in G2 in the Design Output table. The beam segments in this group are marked with a red tag to indicate the group failed one or more checks.
- Either: Redsign Grp dialog opens at the bottom of the program window.
- Type 3 in the Bar Layers at Top field.
- Select the Redesign tool in the Redesign Grp dialog. The beam now passes design and crack width checks.
- Select the Accept tool.
- Repeat step 4 to redesign G7 with 3 layers of top bars as well. Optionally, you can use the UnLock tool to unlock the current design and then change the initial settings to use larger reinforcement sizes.
Review the detailing on the demand and capacity curve for a beam:
- Select beam group G1 and either:
- Click-and-drag your mouse cursor over the beam subdivisions starting at 0.75L of the first beam span in G1.
- Right-click and select detail from the pop-up menu.
- Delete the N1 value for layer 4 and then select the empty value for D1 for the same layer.
- Click OK. The section of the capacity curve for the top steel updates to reflect the detailing change.
- Click Cancel.
- (Optional) Check for any resized beams during design by selecting A report including any resized beams during design opens. For this example, none of the beams were resized. .