M. To import a DXF file as a grid
To import an AutoCAD® DXF file to use as a drawing grid, use the following procedure.
The straight lines within a DXF file can be imported as a grid. Complex shapes and curved lines will not be imported.
- Click Import. The Import Options dialog opens.
- Select the DXF option and click OK. The DXF Import dialog opens.
- In the File Name field, either:
- Select the layer number containing the line data you want to use from the Layers drop-down list. The lines are displayed in the list view and graphically.
- (Optional) Uncheck any lines you do not want to include in the imported grid. The lines are hidden in the view window.
- (Optional) Type a Name for the imported grid. By default, the name of the DXF file is used.
- Select the Unit to use for the grid.
- Click OK. The Imported Grid pop-up dialog opens.
- (Optional) Specify the Angle of Plane and Grid Origin to orient the grid.
- Click OK.