TR.19.9 I Section
This section type may be used to specify a generalized I-shaped section. The cross-sectional properties required are listed below. This section can be used to specify tapered I-shapes.
- Depth of section at start node
- Thickness of web
- Depth of section at end node (see note #1)
- Width of top flange
- Thickness of top flange
- Width of bottom flange
- Thickness of bottom flange
- Shear area for shear parallel to Y-axis (see note #2)
- Shear area for shear parallel to Z-axis (see note #2)
- Torsional constant ( IX or J) (see note #2)
The following option parameters are used to include a composite concrete slab. If included, these must be on a separate line following a dash, -, on the line containing the required section parameters.
- DWW should never be less than DWW1. Therefore, you must provide the member incidences accordingly.
- You are allowed the following options for the values
AYF, AZF, and XIF:
- If positive values are provided, they are used directly by the program.
- If zero is provided, the program calculates the properties using the
AYF = D × TWW AZF = 0.66 ((BFF × TFF) + (BFF1 × TFF1))
XIF = 1/3 ((BFF × TFF3) + (DEE × TWW3) + (BFF1 × TFF13))
- Depth at section under consideration
- Depth of web of section
- If negative values are provided, they are applied as factors on the corresponding value(s) calculated by the program using the above formula. The factor applied is always the absolute of the value provided. For example, if you specify a value of XIF as -1.3, then the program will multiply the value of XIF, calculated by the above formula, by a factor of 1.3.