M. To Import a Building Plan
The Building Planner can import plan data from other sources, such as PlanWin files or CAD drawings.
- Slab data must be in a layer named "Slab". Only closed polylines or light weight polylines can be imported.
- Column data must be in a layer named "Column". Use circles of any appropriate radius to mark the columns.
- Beam data must be in a layer named "Beam". Use lines to mark the beam centerlines.
If you have not yet specified project details, the Start dialog opens. Otherwise, the New Plan dialog opens.
Specify the general details:
- Type a Plan name.
- (Optional) Select a Floor type
- Type the Height of Level Above (floor-to-floor height).
- Click the Assign Levels drop-down to assign plan names to each level of the building.
CAD Center line Input (DXF)
Plan from PlanWin file
Existing plan from current project
- Navigate to and select the file you want to use for either CAD or PlanWin file options and click Open.
- If the selected PlanWin file has multiple plans, select the plan name you want to import.
- Click OK.