T.2 Viewing the deflection diagram
Displacement page in
Postprocessing page control bar.
Note: You can display the Deflection diagram on most results pages by selecting the Deflection tool . The tool remains depressed when the displacement is displayed.The displacement diagram is drawn on the structure. The Node Displacements table and Beam Relative Displacement Detail table open. See T.2 The Node Displacements Table for details on these tables.
- (Optional) If the deflection is not exaggerated enough to clearly identify, you can change the scale:
To change the load case being
displayed, select from the current
Load list in the window status bar.
Tip: Alternatively, select the Structure tool in the Configuration group on the Results toolbar. The active load case can be selected on the Load and Results tab in the Diagrams dialog.
Annotate the deflection at specific nodes:
On the Results ribbon tab, select the
Annotate tool in the
The Annotation dialog opens.
- On the Ranges tab, select the Ranges option and then type 2 3 6 (spaced node number list) in the Nodes field.
- Select the Node tab and then check the Resultant option.
- Click Annotate and then click Close.
- On the Results ribbon tab, select the Annotate tool in the Configuration group.
- Change the display units for displacement: The units in which displacement values are displayed in the post-processing mode are referred to as the display units.