M. To Specify Beam Continuity
To specify continuous beams over supports, use the following steps.
Building Planner uses a window to specify continuous beams for the entire plan. It is typically best practice to draw all beams for the plan before performing this procedure.
- Select The . Continuous Beam window opens.
You can specify continuous beams individual for finer control or allow the program to autodetect all continuous beams:
To… Select… select individual beam segments to create continuous beams manually allow the program to detect all continuous beams automatically
- Click a series of beams you want to mark as continuous. Each beam selected is highlighted in light red. You can click a beam segment again to unmark it.
- Select The selected beam segments are marked in light purple. .
- Repeat Steps 2 through 4 as necessary to continue to mark individual beam lines as continuous.
- When you are finished marking continuous beams, either: