M. To add a time history load
To add a time history load to the current primary load case, use the following procedure.
Tip: This will add the load item to the currently selected load group selected in the program status bar.
- Select the Time History tab.
- Select the Load Type:
- Select Direction in which the load is applied. Time Load types are applied in FX, FY, or FZ for forces and MX, MY, or MZ for moments. Ground motion types are applies in one of the three global directions.
- Select the arrival time for this load from the arrival times in the time history definition parameters.
- Select the load definition type from the Defined Types drop-down list. The list includes the definition number and function type.
- (Optional) Select the results type from the Response Types drop-down list.
- (Optional) Type a Force Amplitude Factor to multiply for the forces, moments, or accelerations at the joints.
- Click Add.