AD.2007-05.1.3 Eurocode 3 Includes National Annex
A number of countries that have signed up to the replace their current steel design standards with the Eurocode, EN 1993-1-1:2005, known commonly as Eurocode 3, have published their National Annex documents. These documents make small changes to the base document and STAAD.Pro has been updated to incorporate some of these National Annex documents. Currently, the Dutch and Norwegian National Annexes have been added to the STAAD.Pro engine.
A new parameter, NA, that sets the default material gamma factors and any additional changes outlined in the country specific National Annex such as specific equations or methods.
The output file printout has been updated to indicate which National Annex (if any) has been used in a code check / select process. (For all TRACK settings)
To specify checks per a National Annex
In order to include additional check specified by a National Annex, do the following:
- From the Modeling mode Design | Steel page, select EN 1993-1-1:2005 from the current code list.
- Click Define Parameters to launch the Design Parameters dialog.
Select the parameter NA from the list.
- Select the radio button for the National Annex you wish to use; or leave as Basic in order to use EC3 without additional checks.
- Click Add to add the NA parameter to the code check.
- Click Close to dismiss the dialog once parameter definitions are complete.
A design performed to the new Eurocode 3 National Annex is displayed in the output file (*.ANL) with the following header, in addition to the base EC3 output: