M. To generate copies of geometry along an arc
To create copies of selected geometry along a arc about a global axis, use the following procedure.
- Select the structure geometry (beams, plates, solids, etc.) that you want to copy.
Geometry ribbon tab, select the
Circular Repeat tool in the
The 3D Circular dialog opens.
- Select the global Axis of Rotation about which the copies will be generated.
- Specify the Total Angle of the arc. This is measured in a positive (right-hand rule) direction about the selected Axis of Rotation between the original selection and the last copy.
- Specify the No. of Steps to generate. The copies will be equally distributed about the specified arc.
Specify a center of rotation by either:
- (Optional) Check the Use this as Reference Point for Beta angle generation option to orient the copies towards the central axis of rotation.
- (Optional) Set the Link Steps option to generate additional members between copies. You may also set the Open Base option, which will prevent links from being generated between nodes with the lowest Y coordinates (when Y is vertical/up).
- (Optional) Set the Geometry Only option to generate only nodes, members, elements, etc. with no properties assigned.
The new members are generated using the specified parameters.