M. To add a uniform load to members
To add a uniform force or moment along the full or partial member length, use the following procedure.
Tip: This will add the load item to the currently selected load group selected in the program status bar.
- Select either:
- Type the magnitude of the distributed load (with sign), W1.
- Type the location along the length of the member to the start of the uniform load, d1 and to the end of the uniform load, d2. Both distances are measured from the start node of the member. If d2 is zero, then the load will act to the end node of the member.
- Type the lateral offset from the geometric centerline to the load, d3.
- Select the Direction option in which the load acts. Uniform loads can be applied in the global, local, or projected coordinates.
- Click Add. The load item is added to the selected load case.