I. To export to a DXF file
To export the model geometry to an AutoCAD DXF file, use the following procedure.
The following table maps the exported model entities to DXF objects.
- Select the File ribbon tab. The backstage view opens.
Import/Export tab and then one of the
following in the
Option Description 3D DXF Exports the entire model into a 3D DXF file. A Windows Save As dialog opens. 2D DXF Exports a selected plane of the model into a 2D DXF file. This option opens the Export 2D DXF dialog.
If you select the 2D DXF option, you must specify the plane of the
- Select the global plane orientation to you want to use for the two dimensions.
- Select the node to define where this plane is cut in the model.
- Select the Options tab and then check the labels to include, if any, in the DXF drawing.
- Type a Text Size to use for the labels.
- Click OK.
- Type the name of the exported file and then click Save.