M. To add a seismic load
To add a seismic load to a primary load case, use the following procedure.
Note: You must have at least one seismic load definition in your model before you can add seismic loads.
Tip: This will add the load item to the currently selected load group selected in the program status bar.
- Select the Seismic Loads tab.
- Select the global Direction in which this seismic load acts.
- (Optional) Type the scale Factor to apply to the load.
- (Optional) Check the option to use Multiplying factor for Accidental Torsion Moment and type a Factor. This value is the ratio of the total building width and is taken from the center of mass for each level.
- (Optional) Check the option to use Multiplying factor for Natural Torsion Moment and type a Factor.
- Click Add.