G.18.1.3 Member Stresses at Specified Sections
Member stresses can be printed at specified intermediate sections as well as at the start and end joints. These stresses include:
- Axial stress, which is calculated by dividing the axial force by the cross sectional area,
- Bending-y stress, which is calculated by dividing the moment in local-y direction by the section modulus in the same direction,
- Bending-z stress, which is the same as above except in local-z direction,
- Shear stresses (in y and z directions), and
- Combined stress, which is the sum of axial, bending-y and bending-z stresses.
All the stresses are calculated as the absolute value.