M. To assign nodes to a floor diaphragm
To define nodes that make up a floor diaphragm, use the following procedure.
In order to generate the center of gravity for a diaphragm, you must create a mass load case which includes the weights to be considered for the diaphragm.
- (Optional) Select a set of nodes which will be used to define the diaphragm.
- Select the Specifications page in the Analytical Modeling page control bar. The Specifications - Whole Structure dialog opens.
- On the Specifications - Whole Structure dialog, click Node. The Node Specification dialog opens.
- Select the Floor Diaphragm tab.
- Specify the floor level of the diaphragm by either:
- (Optional) Select the Define Floor Range option to specify a boundary in the XZ plane of the diaphragm to define its edges:
- (Optional) You can specify a master node to use as the center of gravity by selecting the Select Master Node option and then selecting the node number to use as the center of gravity. Otherwise, the program will calculate the center of gravity location for the diaphragm and add an analytical node at this location.
To… Do the following… add the specification to the model and assign to the diaphragm to the current nodes click Assign. add the specification to the model for later assignment or to use all nodes at the specified Height click Add.