M. To assign a spring support
To assign a linear spring in one or more degrees of freedom to a support, use the following procedure.
- Select the nodes that will have the same support condition.
Specifications ribbon tab, select the
Custom tool in the
The Create Supports dialog opens to the Fixed But tab.
Define Springs group, type the linear spring
constant to use for each translational and rotational spring direction.
- KFX - translation in the global x direction
- KFY - translation in the global y direction
- KFZ - translation in the global z direction
- KMX - rotation about the global x axis
- KMY - rotation about the global y axis
- KMZ - rotation about the global z axis
To… Do the following… add the support type to the model and assign to the current node selection click Assign. add the support to the model for later assignment click Add.