T.2 Viewing the force and moment diagrams
Beam Results page on the
Postprocessing page control bar.
Note: You can display force and moment diagrams on most results pages by selecting corresponding tool from the View Result group on the Results ribbon tab. The corresponding tool remains depressed when the diagram is displayed.The bending moment MZ is drawn on the structure by default. The Beam End Forces table and Beam Force Detail table open. T.2 The Beam Forces Table for details on these tables.
To change the force or moment (i.e., degree of freedom) diagram
orNote: The Load and Results tab on the Diagrams dialog can also be used to select the color for each diagram as well as the display method (i.e., hatched, filled, or outline).
- (Optional) If the force or moment diagram is not exaggerated enough to clearly identify, you can change the scale:
To change the load case being
displayed, select from the current
Load list in the window status bar.
Tip: Alternatively, select the Structure tool in the Configuration group on the Results toolbar. The active load case can be selected on the Load and Results tab in the Diagrams dialog.
Annotate the bending Z moment diagram to display the maximum
moment in the beams for load case 5:
- Select The . Annotation dialog opens.
- On the Ranges tab, select the Ranges option and then type 2 5 (spaced node number list) in the Beams field.
- Select the Beam Results tab and then check the Maximum option in the Bending group.
- Click Annotate and then click Close.
- Change the display units for bending moments: The units in which results values are displayed in the post-processing mode are referred to as the display units.