M. To add a custom table section property
To edit the section database tables to include custom sections, use the following procedure.
Adding a section to a database table is useful if you need to commonly use that custom section in many models or projects.
This procedure is not the same as adding a user-defined (UPT) section or catalog. This should only be performed if you need to make edits to the standard shape catalogs that are included with STAAD.Pro. Using a UPT section allows you to enter dimensions and, for many sections, have the program calculate section values.
Section Database tool in the
Tools group on the
Specifications ribbon tab.
The Section Database Manager application opens.
- In the Databases list, double-click on the country, material, catalog, and table you want to edit. The selected table opens in read-only mode.
- Select the Lock tool. The table is unlocked for editing.
To… Do the following… add a row to the end of the table select the Append Row tool add a row above the current table row select the Add Above tool add a row below the current table row select the Add Below tool
- Type a record number (RECNO), name, STAAD.Pro nomenclature name (StaadName), and then the section values for each column in the table. You can press <Tab> to move to the next column within a row when entering values.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 4 and 5 as many times as needed to add additional shapes.
- Click Commit to save the changes to the database.
- Select the Unlock tool. The database is now locked against further editing.
- Close the SectionDBManager program.