EX. To design the roof beam to column connections
- Hold <Ctrl> and select both upper columns and the roof beam (members 3, 4, and 6).
Connection Design ribbon tab, select the
Smart Connection tool in the
Assign Connections group.
The Smart Connections dialog opens.
- Select AISC 360-10 (ASD) as the Design Code. Leave all other options unchecked.
- Select Clip Angle BCF (Clip Angle, Beam-Column(Flange)) from the connection types drop-down list.
- Double-click DA BCF All bolted in the Available list. It is added to the Selected list.
- Click OK. The RAM Connection - Validation dialog opens to display the design results overview.
- Click Close. The connection design is added to the RAM Connection Input table.