M. To assign member end release
To assign a member end release or partial member end release, use the following procedure.
Release specifications are created for each of a member separately. To release both ends, you must create two specifications.
- (Optional) Select the members which will all have the same member specification assigned.
Specifications ribbon tab, select the
tool in the
The Member Specification dialog opens to the Release tab.
- Select which location on the member to which the release applies: Start or End.
- Select the Release Type:
Partial Moment Release, select the directions
which are partially released and the release ratio:
- Check the boxes corresponding to the directions of release. Check MP to assign the same partial moment release in all three local directions. Check a combination of MPX, MPY, and MPZ to apply different partial moment releases in each direction.
- For each direction checked, type a release ratio. This is a ratio between 0 and 1, where 0 indicated full moment restraint and 1 indicates full release.
- For full Release, check the release directions which apply. These are FX, FY, FZ, MX, MY, and MZ. Any directions not checked will be fully restrained in that degree of freedom.
- (Optional) To specify a spring in any degree of freedom, check the corresponding Release spring direction and type a spring constant in the adjacent field (in the indicated units). Springs can be applied to partial moment release or release types.
To… Do the following… add the specification to the model and assign to the current member selection click Assign. add the specification to the model for later assignment click Add.