To create a drawing, select any element and select the type of drawing to be generated using the options provided in the menu
The options provided in the menu are dynamic based on the type of member.
Based on the member selected graphically. The context menu shows the possible drawings that can be generated.
The drawing to be generated can be on demand or can be added to the list of drawing.
For Projected View, Options are provided in drawing group tab.
For a Horizontal member, Options to draw plan (XZ Plane) and elevation in the plane of the member are displayed.
For a Vertical member, Options to draw elevations in XY or YZ planes are displayed.
Drawing can be generated with either using full section or part section.
Full Section: All edges of the section are drawn for the full length of the member
Part Section : All edges of the section are drawn for the part length of the member
The Scale of drawing can be set as 1:25, 1:50, 1:100.
You can draw the section directly or add it to the drawing list.
The TOS (Top of Steel) for beams is adjusted as Y coordinate of the floor. Accordingly the center line of the beam is shifted down by half the beam depth
For Built-up section made of two members, batten plates are drawn as indicative.
For Connection between concrete and steel, indicative base plates are shown.
For elevation Bracing's the angle is adjusted as per the change of center line of the beams as per TOS.
For Bottom Chord of the Trusses the node between bottom chord and the top chord is adjusted as per the size of the bottom chord member. Accordingly the inclination of the top chord is adjusted without changing the top of truss. Similarly the lengths of the members connecting bottom chord and top chord are adjusted.
Similar to Truss, for the inclined portals an indicative joint with connection plates is shown between the column and the portal member.
For Moment connection there is no gap provided between the connecting members. For other connections an indicative gap is shown between the connecting members.
- Standard rolled steel sections, including T (Tee section) and DT (double tee) sections, are supported
- Section cover plates, TC (top cover plate), BC (bottom cover plate), and TB (top & bottom cover plates), are supported
The following prismatic shapes are also supported:
- Solid Circle (defined with YD),
- Solid Rectangle (defined with YD and ZD),
- Tee (defined with TD, ZD, YB and ZB),
- Trapezoidal (defined with YD, ZD and ZB),
- General (displayed as a rectangular solid using the values of YD and ZD),
- Tapered I (displayed using the average dimensions of web and flange),
- Tapered Tube ( displayed using the average dimensions).
These shapes are not supported:
- Other shapes with varying cross-sections (not listed under Prismatic sections above)
- Cold-formed steel sections, timber sections, and aluminum sections
- Composite sections (CM),
- American castellated sections, solid rods, and cables, steel joists,
- Dutch plates, strips, solid round sections, and solid square sections