T.1 Specifying the CHECK CODE command
As part of the iterative process of analysis and design, you must perform a code check on the selected members after they have been analyzed. This ensures that the new set of member forces do not exceed the capacity of the selected members.
A code checking operation which uses the up-to-date cross sections of the members and the latest member forces is used to evaluate that the members have sufficient capacity per the code specifications.
CHECK CODE ALL
- In the Steel Design - Whole Structure dialog, click Commands.
- Select the Check Code tab.
- Click Add.
- Click Close.
- Select the unassigned CHECK CODE entry in the Steel Design - Whole Structure dialog.
- Select the Assign to View option in the Assignment Method group.
- Click Assign. A message dialog prompting you to confirm the assignment.
- Click Yes.