M. To add a grid for drawing objects
To add a grid for drawing beams or plates, use the following procedure.
Only one grid may be displayed at a time. However, you may have multiple grids associated with your model.
- Click Create. A pop-up dialog opens for defining grid details.
Select the type of grid from the drop-down list.
Grid type Description Linear a Cartesian grid with even spaces along both of the axis. Radial a polar grid with even spaces between rays and radial lines. Irregular a Cartesian grid with irregular spaces along both of the axis.
- Type a grid Name to identify the grid in the Snap Node/Beam dialog.
Specify the location of the grid with respect to the global axes:
- Select the parallel global Plane for alignment (or reference when an angle is specified).
- (Optional) Select a global axis and then type an Angle of Plane to incline the grid with respect to that axis.
- (Optional) (For Irregular grids) Set the option to Use Arbitrary Plane and then type the vectors of the grid X and Y axis. This method can be used instead of specifying the Plane and Angle of Plane.
- Type global coordinates from the global origin to the Grid Origin.
Construction Lines for the grid:
Grid type Description Linear For both grid X and Y, type the number of grids spaces to the Left and Right of the origin, the Spacing (in current units) between each grid line, and (optionally) a Skew angle. Radial Type the Start Angle and Sweep to specify the beginning and end of the radial lines along with the number of bays (spaces between radial lines). Type the inner-most and outer-most radius in the Radius 1 and Radius 2, respectively, along with the number of Bays (spaces between arcs). Irregular Type the distance between each consecutive grid line in the current units along each axis.
- Click OK. The pop-up dialog closes and the new grid name is added to the list.
- Check the name of the grid in the list that you want displayed in the view window.