D12.B.9 Tabulated Results
For code checking or member selection, the program produces the results in a tabulated fashion. The items in the output table are explained as follows:
- the member number for which the design is performed.
- the steel section name which has been checked against the N-004 code or has been selected.
- prints whether the member has PASSed or FAILed. If the RESULT is FAIL, there will be an asterisk (*) mark on front of the member.
- CRITICAL COND
- the section of the N-004 code which governs the design.
- prints the ratio of the actual stresses to allowable stresses for the critical condition. Normally a value of 1.0 or less will mean the member has passed.
- the load case number which governed the design.
- FX, MY, and MZ
- provide the axial force, moment in local Y-axis, and the moment in local Z-axis respectively. Although STAAD does consider all the member forces and moments (except torsion) to perform design, only FX, MY and MZ are printed since they are the ones which are of interest, in most cases.
- specifies the actual distance from the start of the member to the section where design forces govern.
Note: If the parameter TRACK is set to 2.0, the program will block out part of the table and will print the allowable bending stressed in compression (FCY & FCZ) and tension (FTY & FTZ), allowable axial stress in compression (FA), and allowable shear stress (FV).
D12.B.9.1 Sample TRACK 2.0 Output
STAAD.PRO CODE CHECKING - NORSOK-N004 (V1.0) ************************************************ ALL UNITS ARE - KN METE (UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED) MEMBER TABLE RESULT/ CRITICAL COND/ RATIO/ LOADING/ FX MY MZ LOCATION ======================================================================= 1 ST PIP13910.0 (BRITISH SECTIONS) PASS Eq. 6.44 0.170 1 0.01 C 1.01 6.39 0.00 ======================================================================= MATERIAL DATA Grade of steel = S 355 Modulus of elasticity = 204999.98 N/mm2 Design Strength (py) =355.00 N/mm2 SECTION PROPERTIES (units - cm) Member Length = 400.00 Gross Area of cross section = 40.70 z-axis y-axis Moment of inertia : 862.000 862.000 Plastic modulus : 168.554 168.554 Elastic modulus : 123.407 123.407 Radius of gyration : 4.602 4.602 Effective Length : 400.000 400.000 DESIGN PARAMETER (units - m) N004/2004 Height of water lavel : 3.000 CMZ : 0.85 CMY : 0.85 KZ : 1.00 KY : 1.00 SECTION CLASSIFICATION : Class 1 CAPACITIES (units - kN,m) Tension Capacity : 1256.4 Compression Capacity : 790.1 Bending Capacity : 52.0 Shear Capacity : 362.7 Shear Capacity due to torsional moment: 44.0 HYDROSTATIC PRESSURE CALCULATION (units - N,mm) - Cl.6.3.6 Max design hydrostatic pressure, (psd) : 0.000 Max design hoop stress, (sigma_psd)) : 0.000 CRITICAL LOAD FOR EACH CLAUSE CHECK (units - kN,m): CLAUSE RATIO LOAD FX VY VZ MZ MY Cl:6.3.2 0.000 1 0.0 - - - - Cl:6.3.3 0.000 1 0.0 - - - - Cl:6.3.4 0.102 1 - - - -5.3 0.0 Cl:6.3.5 0.031 1 - -11.2 0.5 - - Cl:6.3.8.(1 & 2) 0.124 1 0.0 - - 6.4 1.0 Cl:6.3.8.(3 & 4) 0.102 1 - -0.5 0.5 -5.3 0.0 Cl:6.3.9 0.170 1 0.0 - - 6.4 1.0 =======================================================================