M. To add a new table section property
To add a table section property from a standard catalogs for steel, cold-formed steel, timber, or aluminum, use the following procedure.
orTip: Selecting the country from the Database tool drop-down list first results in a faster dialog load time.The Section Profile Tables dialog opens.
- Select the appropriate table:
- Select the shape profile on the left-hand side of the dialog.
orNote: Refer to related codes in the Design section for information on section nomenclature.
- Select the appropriate Type Specification for some shapes. Some type specifications require additional input (such as cover plate dimensions, spacing, composite slab data, etc.).
- (Optional) Select an associated Material. This feature allows you to use material definitions for steel, stainless steel, concrete, aluminum, or any previously specified, custom material definitions.
To… Do the following… add the section to the model for later assignment click Add. add the section to the model and assign to the current member selection click Asign.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 2 through 7 as needed to add more sections to the model.
- Click Close.
The section and, if selected, associated material, is added to the Properties - Whole Structure dialog.