M. To generate copies of geometry along a line
To generate copies of selected geometry along a path parallel to a global axis, use the following procedure.
- Select the structure geometry (beams, plates, solids, etc.) that you want to copy.
Geometry ribbon tab, select the
Translational Repeat tool in the
The Translational Repeat dialog opens.
- Select the Global Direction along which the copies will be generated.
- Specify the No. of Steps to generate.
- (Optional) Edit the Spacing values for each step (copy) if the steps are irregular or if the desired Default Spacing was not first specified.
- (Optional) Set the option to Renumber Bay and specify a Number from value (start number of that copy) if needed.
- (Optional) Set the Link Steps option to generate additional members between copies, parallel to the Global Direction. You may also set the Open Base option, which will prevent links from being generated between nodes with the lowest Y coordinates (when Y is vertical/up).
- (Optional) Set the Generation Flags to the level of geometry, properties, or specifications to be copied to the new, generated members.
The new members are generated using the specified parameters.