P. To create a drawing group
To create groups (physical members) for inclined members such as bracing, truss chords, portals, etc., use the following procedure.
- Right-click on a member and select Cut Section @<grid or plane>. Section View dialog opens.
Select the group type tool corresponding to the group of members
you want to create:
Tool Description Top chord - can include purlins Bottom chord Portal - can include purlins at a specified spacing Bracing Inclined Column
- Select the members to be grouped graphically:
- Right-click anywhere in the Section View dialog view area and then select Create Group from the pop-up menu. For Portal and Top Chord groups, the Create Group for <group type> dialog opens. For other groups, the group is created.
- (Optional) For Portal and Top Chord groups, select the Purlin Section shape and section size to use and then click OK.
- Repeat Steps 2 through 5 to create additional groups.
The Drawing Settings dialog opens.
- Select the Scale for your drawing from the drop-down list.
- Select either Full Sections or Part Sections from the Draw As drop-down list. This will control the extents of how members are drawn.