M. To create a frame or continuous beam model
To create a continuous beam, bay frame, grid frame, or floor grid model, use the following procedure.
- Select Frame Models from the Model Type drop-down list.
Select one of the rectangular frame or beam types by either:
- Bay Frame – a 3D frame with no horizontal connecting members at the base
- Grid Frame – a 3D frame that has horizontal connecting members at all levels
- Floor Grid – a 2D frame in the XZ plane
- Continuous Beam – a linear beam continuous over internal supports (i.e., the bay length)
- (Optional) Type a Model Name.
- Type the overall dimensions of the frame or beam:
- Type the number of bays in each dimension:
- (Optional) To use unequal length division in any direction:
- Click Apply.