D. To design an HCBB connection
To design a horizontal brace-column-beam gusset connection, use the following procedure.
HCBB connections apply to joints with the following conditions:
- at least one column with an H section at the joint
- column is vertical (perpendicular to beams)
- two perpendicular beams with H section and one brace with an angle section
- beams should be parallel with the ground (X-Z plane when Y is up)
- the brace should be in the same plane with the beams, with the angle between the brace and either beam between 30° and 60°
- Start the Connection Design workflow and select the applicable load envelope.
- Select a joint that matches the joint requirements.
Connection Design ribbon tab, select the
Gusset Connection tool in the
Assign Connections group.
The Gusset Connection dialog opens.
- Select an AISC design code from the Design Code drop-down list.
- Select Gusset Plate HCBB from the connection template drop-down list.
- Double-click the HCBB_CA template to add it to the selected list.
- Click OK.
- Double-click the connection list view to review the connection design. The connection pad opens.
- (Optional) If the girder and beam have been incorrectly specified, they can be changed: