AD.2007-07.3.1 RAM Connection V8i (SELECTseries 1) Support
The enhancements included in Bentley's RAM Connection V8i (releases 6 and 7) are now available in STAAD.Pro. This includes new connection types, new codes, and design for seismic loads.
Some of the new features and enhancements include:
- Now compatible with versions of RAM Connection V8i up through release 7.0 (SELECTseries 3).
- British Design Code - Connection design per BS5950-1:2000 (British standard) has been added. This code can now be selected along side AISC codes.
- AISC Seismic Provisions - The seismic provisions of AISC 341-05 have now been added for connections per AISC codes.
- Seismic Frame Management - A new Seismic Frames page has been added to assign the lateral seismic resisting system classification to frames for connection design. This page is also used to add plastic hinge locations to beam members.
- Base Plate Design is now available for AISC (ASD & LRFD) connections. Column base plates are available in the Smart Connections dialog and Column-Brace gusset base plates are available in the Gusset Connections dialog.
The RAM Material dialog has been expanded to accommodate for various materials from different countries. UK steel, bolt, and weld types have been added, as well as concrete and anchor bolt materials for US base plate design.
- Several new selection methods have been added to the sub-menu.
- Reports have been enhanced with code references and display of formulas used.