AD.2007-07.3.4 AutoPIPE V8i (SELECTseries 2) and PipeLink support
STAAD.Pro is now capable of two-way data exchange with AutoPIPE via a new PipeLink utility. Additionally, the tools for transferring loads between the pipe model and the structural model have been enhanced such that you can now select, update, and remove loads to be applied to the structural model.
Some of the new features and enhancements include:
- The integration between STAAD.Pro and AutoPIPE has been enhanced to allow bi-directional transfer of data between STAAD.Pro and AutoPIPE. This is accomplished through a new plug-in program called PipeLink, which is used to generate common database files for use in both AutoPIPE and STAAD.Pro. Exporting data back to AutoPIPE is now possible.
- The system now allows pipe models to be imported from a number of databases and these models may all be stored locally. The active model can be selected from the Pipe Model dialog.
- The loading transfer process has been significantly revised. The mappings between the pipe loadings and the generated structure loadings are recorded so that these structure loadings may be revised or removed rather than the previous once-only method. Further, loads can now be modified individually.
- Connections can now be individually selected to transfer moment to the supporting STAAD model structure by selecting the Lever Arm option at each connected Pipe Node.
- The program now connects pipe supports – rather than pipe nodes – to the structure. This allows both node and support labels to be used. This allows additional filters in the connection wizard and also allows STAAD.Pro to import multiple supports at a single support node.
- Pipe supports are now graphically displayed with icons which reflect the nature of the pipe support. The display of these icons, along with other pipe model elements, can be controlled through a new tab in the Diagrams dialog.