T.3 Create Plates Method 1 Element 2
Creating Elements by Coping and Pasting
Examining the structure shown in " T.3 Description of the tutorial problem " of this tutorial, it can be seen that the remaining elements can be easily generated copying the existing plate and then pasting the copied element at specific distances.
Geometry ribbon tab, select the
Plates Cursor tool in the
- Select plate 1 in the View window.
To paste the copied plate element, either:
- Select the By the following X, Y and Z values option and then type 2 (m) in the X field.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 except with an X of 4 (m) to create plate 3 from plate 1.
- To select all plates, either:
- Repeat steps 3 through 6 to copy and paste all the plates, except with a Z of 2 m (leave the X and Y values as 0).
- Click anywhere in away from the plates to deselect them.