A. To specify a P-Delta analysis
To instruct the program to perform a second-order, P-Delta analysis, use the following procedure.
- Select the PDelta Analysis tab.
- Type the Number of Iterations to use.
- (Optional) Check the Use Geometric Stiffness (Kg) option to include stiffening effects of the KG matrix. Refer to Notes for Stress Stiffening Matrix (Option 2) for details on this option.
- Check the Small Delta option to include effects of member deflection (i.e., P-δ effects). This option is recommended. Clear this option to only consider effects of structure drift (i.e., P-Δ effects).
- Select the Print Option you want to use.
- Click Add. The PDetla Analysis command is added to the input file.