D8.A.2.8 Minimum Web Thickness
The minimum web thickness is checked against the serviceability requirements in 22.214.171.124 and the compression flange buckling requirement of 126.96.36.199.
If these sections are not satisfied, then a warning message is included in the output, including the clause which did not meet the web thickness requirements.
This check applies to the following sections:
- Sections with a stiffened web (i.e., connected to flanges along both longitudinal edges):
- wide flange (rolled, UPT, tapered)
- I section with cover plates
- double I-section side-by-side
- double channel (back-to-back and front-to-front)
- tube, HSS rectangle
- Sections with unstiffened web (i.e., connected to flange along only one longitudinal edge):
- single angle
- double angle
- star angle