M. To add a wind load definition
To add a custom wind profile definition to your model, use the following procedure
- In the Load & Definition dialog, select the entry and then click Add. The Add new: Wind Definition dialog opens.
- Type optional Comments and then click Add. The definition type is added to the entry in the Load & Definition dialog.
- Select the new wind definition type and click the Add. The Add New: Wind Definitions dialog opens. The dialog now displays the Intensity and Exposures tabs.
- On the Intensity tab, select Custom in the Type drop-down list.
Enter the wind profile data in a specific direction in pressure
and height above ground pairs.
You can also parametrically calculate the wind profile based on ASCE 7. Refer to M. To add an ASCE 7 wind load definition for details.
Alternatively, you can specify SNiP code wind parameters here. Refer to M. To add a SNiP wind load definition for details.
Exposure tab, type the
A value of 1.0 means that the wind force may be applied on the full influence area associated with the joint(s) if they are also exposed to the wind load direction.
- Click Add.
- (Optional) Repeat Steps 4, 7, and 8 to add additional exposure factors to this wind definition. You may add up to 99 exposure factors to a wind definition.