EX. To create a parametric model
To create a slab finite element mesh, use the following procedure.
Parametric Models tool in the Plate group on
Geometry ribbon tab.
The Parametric Models dialog opens. The structure is displayed as a series of dashed lines to signify this mode can be used to experiment with various settings.
- Click Add in the Parametric Models dialog. The New Mesh Model dialog opens.
- Specify the parametric model parameters:
- Click OK. The mouse pointer changes to the add surface cursor .
- Click the corner nodes of the slab in a clockwise order, clicking on the first node selected to complete the boundary definition. Mesh Parameters dialog opens.
- Specify the meshing parameters: Leave the Element Type as Triangular, the Boundary method as (C) Optimized, and the Default Number of Divisions of Boundary Edges as zero.
- Click No. The preliminary mesh is displayed in the view window. The mesh parameters are displayed in the Parametric Models dialog.
- In the Parametric Models dialog, select the Meshed Surface 1 [Slab] entry and then click Merge Mesh.