I. To import a DXF file
To import an AutoCAD® DXF™ drawing to use for model geometry, use the following procedure.
The following table maps the imported DXF objects to model entities.
- Select the File ribbon tab. The backstage view opens.
- Select the Import/Export tab and then DXF in the Import group. A Windows Open dialog opens.
- Select the DXF file you want to import and then click Open. The DXF Import dialog opens. This dialog is used to specify the vertical axis for data imported from a DXF file into a STAAD input file.
- Select the Structure Convention to use.
- Click OK. The DXF data is imported. The drawing objects are mapped to members and plates.