P. To check for elevation irregularities
To check for elevation irregularities as defined by EC8, use the following procedure.
This set of checks enables you to classify the building as a 'regular in elevation' structure. Checks will be performed and the results will be displayed graphically.
- Select the EC8 Elevations page in the Earthquake page control bar. The Earthquake Elevation Criteria dialog opens along with the Elevation Regularity table.
- In the Earthquake Elevation Criteria dialog, select to check elevation along X- Axis or Z- Axis.
- Select the appropriate elevation criteria which applies to your structure.
- Click Perform Checks. The calculated values and results of this check are displayed in the Elevation Regularity table.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 to check the other direction or for other criteria if needed.