M. To Add Beams Automatically to an Entire Plan
To place beams automatically at detected points on the entire plan, use the following steps.
- In a plan workspace, select If there are any existing beams, a warning message that they will be deleted opens. .
The Auto Beam Details dialog opens.
Type the beam details:
- Type a Breadth and Depth for the beam sizes.
To include the uniform dead load for the beam, type a value or click Compute
Note: If Compute is used, the Beam Load dialog opens with the specified beam dimensions. You can specify a material Density and include options for walls supported by the beam.
- Select the Grade of material.
- Type the Cover to Rebars and Flange Dimensions used for design.
- Click OK. Beams are added at all slab edges on the floor.