D. To create a connection tag
To create a new connection tag for use in the current STAAD model, use the following steps.
A connection tag is added to the model to define the type of connection (e.g., shear or moment) and the associate attributes of that connection (e.g., end releases or capacities associated with the connection).
- Select one or more members in the view window.
orNote: If you have not specified a Connection Tags XML data file, then the Select Connection Tag File dialog opens prompting you to select an appropriate XML file.The Assign Connection Tags dialog and New Connection Tag dialog open.
- If the New Connection Tag dialog did not already open, then click the New tool in the dialog toolbar
- On the New Connection Tag dialog, select the category to use from the Select Categories drop-down list.
- Select the Tag to use from the selected category from the Select Tags drop-down list.
- Select either the Start or End Location option (or both).