To Define Text Settings
- Open the Options dialog from any of the following sources:
Select Standards (in the
Project Options), then select the
Text Settings tab to display a set of tabs
allowing the user to make settings for various kinds of text that appear in
drawings. Fields for different categories of text (IDs, wire numbers, cross
references, etc.) are provided. For each field, there are three options which
- Use Text Style - Select Use Text Style to use the text values defined in the text style for that type of text. If this box is de-selected, the software will use the text settings that were defined in the symbol or in the wire numbering function for subsequently inserted symbols and assigned wire numbers.
- Use Text Height - Select Use Text Heightto use the text height defined in the text style for that type of text. If this box is de-selected, the software will use the text height that was defined in the symbol or in the wire numbering function for subsequently inserted symbols and assigned wire numbers.
- Scale Text By Page Scale - Select Scale Text By Page Scale to scale the text size according to the page scale for the current page.
- To modify any of the text styles, select the Edit button for the desired text type to display the Edit Text Style dialog.
In the dialog the user can define the text style of the selected
profile using the fields below:
- Font Name - Select a font from the drop-down list.
- Height - Sets the text height.
- Preview - An example of how the current font settings will appear.
- Width Factor - Sets character spacing. Entering a value of less than 1.0 condenses the text. Values greater than 1.0 expand the text.
- Rotate - Enter an angle value for placing text on a page.
- Oblique - Sets the oblique angle (italicizing) of the text. Enter a value between -85 and 85.
- Color - Select a color for the text from the drop-down list. Use the browse button to open a color dialog for additional colors.
- When finished defining the text style, click Save Profile to save the changes to the project profile.
- Click OK to close the dialog.