To Import Plant Data
In order for the attributes to carry over from the Plant database, you must set the Symbol Text option to select the attributes you plan to use. Select the Shared Value Over SubIDs check box for each attribute that you plan to use. You only need to do this once.
- Open the Promis.e project to which you wish to import the data.
- Select the Plant Exchange option from the Manage Ribbon. The Plant Data Exchange Welcome dialog will appear.
- Select Next to continue.
- Select a Plant project from which to import data, then select the Open a Plant project button.
- The Open Project dialog will appear, listing any Plant projects that the software has found on your system. You can filter the listed projects by unit type by making a selection in the Projects of Units Type field. There are also buttons at the top of the dialog for selecting a different project folder and changing the way the projects are displayed. Click on the desired project and select OK to continue.
- The previous Plant Data Exchange dialog will reappear, displaying the name of the project you selected.
- In the Import Device Types area of this dialog, select check boxes for the types of component parts data that you wish to import, then select Next to continue.
- The Device Mapping dialog will appear. In this dialog you define how the data fields from the Plant database will correspond to Promis.e attributes and also how IDs will be handled. In the Device Type field select the first Plant data type for which you wish to do mapping.
- In the Plant Field column, use the drop-down list to select the name of the first Plant data field that you wish to map, then click in the corresponding Promis.e Attributes field and select the name of the desired symbol attribute from the drop-down list.
- Continue in this manner until you have mapped all the Plant fields that you wish to import.
- To remove a row from the mapping list, select that row and then select the Delete button. Select the Delete All button to remove all the rows from the mapping list.
- Select the Save Mapping button to save your mapping for future work sessions.
- Select the Use Temporary ID check box if you wish the IDs that the items receive in the BOM Explorer to be considered temporary IDs. A temporary ID is an ID that is only used in the BOM Explorer; when you place the item in a drawing, Promis.e will assign a new ID based on the project settings. If you do not select this check box, the ID that is imported to the BOM Explorer will also be used in the drawing. The Plant tag may be mapped to a Promis.e symbol attribute. This will allow symbols and reports to show both the Promis.e and Plant tags.
- In the Device Tag Format field, define a format for the IDs that will be assigned to the imported items in the BOM Explorer. To do this, select from the Plant field tags that are listed in the PlantTagFields list. When you double-click on one of these tags, it will appear in the Device Tag Format field. You must also select a delimiter character from the Delimiters list to separate selected tags.
- If you are importing more than one type of device, select the next type in the Device Type field and enter the desired mapping. Repeat as necessary. Use the Save Mapping button to save, then select the Next button to continue. An import dialog will summarize the data types you have selected and indicate how many records will be imported.
- Select the Next button to execute the data exchange. A dialog will appear indicating that the data exchange has finished.
- Select OK to close the Plant Data Exchange dialog.