Submitting a Plot
Using Print Organizer, you can print all of the files in a print set, a subset of the files in a print set, or all of the files in a folder. When the print set ready to print, select Print from Print Organizer's File menu to open the Print dialog.
Print Organizer's Print dialog lets you:
- Access the Printer Setup dialog to select a different printer driver or edit a printer driver configuration file.
- Specify a print range and the number of copies for printer drivers that support multiple copies.
- Specify one of three destination modes for the Windows printer driver: Send to printer, Create print file, Create Windows metafile, or Send to InterPlot server. For more information, see Printing to a ProjectWise InterPlot Server .
- Submit a print set to the Bentley PDF printer driver as single or separate print job.
- Change the destination folder when printing to a file.
- Open a PDF print file when the job is complete.
- Specify an output file name expression for output file names.
When you print a print set, you can set the Print Range to All or Selection. All specifies that you want to print the entire print set, regardless of what files or folder you have selected. Selection specifies that you want to print the current selection. If the current selection is a folder, the files in that folder and its sub-folders will be printed.
You can specify the number of copies for printer drivers that support multiple copies. Most Windows printer drivers support multiple copies, some do not. The hpgl2.pltcfg and pscript.pltcfg printer drivers support multiple copies; however, the remaining Bentley printer drivers do not.
When printing to the Bentley PDF printer driver (pdf.pltcfg), you can specify whether or not to submit as single or separate print jobs. When you select submit as a single print job, a multi-page PDF file is created if more than one print definition is selected. When you submit as separate print jobs, a separate PDF file is created for each print definition. By default, Print Organizer preserves the hierarchy defined in the print set when publishing a multi-page PDF document. In other words, the bookmarks inside the PDF file reflect the print set hierarchy visible in Print Organizer.