To Create a Symbol on the Fly
- Select theSymbol On the Fly from the 2D Design or Panel Design ribbons.
- When prompted, select opposite corners for the symbol box in the drawing. The Device Properties dialog will appear.
- Enter a device tag for the symbol and click OK.
- Optional: The default position for the device ID is just above the symbol. To move it, right-click on the ID and select Text Position from the menu.
- To add connection points, select .
- In the Modify Connection Point Text dialog, enter the Connection Point Text in either of the following fields:
- Select OK to enter the connection point text.
- Enter Additional connection points as required to complete the symbol creation process.