To Extend or Shorten an Element to Its Intersection with Another Element (Cutting Element Selected First)
- In the AccuSnap Settings dialog, turn off the Identify Elements Automatically check box.
Select the Trim to Element tool (
- In the tool settings window, turn on the Select cutting element first check box.
- Select the segment of the cutting element.
- (Optional) Reset to switch between segment of cutting element and entire element.
- Select the segment of the element to extend or shorten.
- (Optional) Click reset to switch between segment of element and entire element.
Enter a data point to extend or shorten the element.
The second element is extended or shortened from the selected segment or entire element to its intersection with the cutting element or segment of cutting element.